Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Join Me, Won't You?

At some point in the past year, I decided that my life was just too complicated. Too many things going on, too many things to do, too many things to buy...things, things, things. Shortly after that point, I decided to do something about it...to simplify my life and focus on contentment. I don't mean a "let's hide in a cabin in the woods and wrestle grizzly bears" kind of simplicity - a simplicity that can be achieved without removing myself from society totally. After making the choice to simplify, I began to research my options. I read books and blogs about simple living and found that some of the information was very useful, but most, in one way or another, just didn't apply to my life. And this brought me to this decision: take some advice from those with experience, add some common sense concepts that work for me, and share it all with you. My step-daughter and I have a phrase for this sort of idea (yes, it happens often enough for us that we need a phrase) - a fabulous disaster. Fabulous disasters are sketchy, hair-brained ideas that we just know are going to turn out perfectly, but if they fail the perfection mark, at least fun was had by all. :) So, join me, won't you, while I make a fantastic mess of my life?

3 comments:

  1. Haha this was cute! I really enjoyed your introduction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sign me up for some fabulous disasters!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So good! As the old saying goes: "Nothing ventured, nothing gained" Love it! : )

    ReplyDelete